Making delicious, fresh food at home has become an increasingly fashion that has become increasingly popular over time and has left millions searching for cookbooks that don’t only offer them the best recipes but also teach how to prepare the food.
One of the most popular items home cooks are keen on is fresh , homemade sausage. If you’re looking for the best books for making sausages, we’ve have compiled a list of 8 high-quality options to pick from.
This article we’ve got the most popular sausage-making booksof 2022 , providing you with step-by step recipes, simple instructions, as well as professional tips and tricks to aid you in tackling your kitchen.
Top 8 Best Sausage Making Books 2022
If you’re ready to cook one of the most delicious food items from scratch, then take a look at these fantastic books on making sausages.
1. Sausage-making: The Complete Guide to Recipes (Editor’s Choice)
The Sausage Making Guide is much more than an instruction manual. Author, Ryan Farr, is not just a superb cook, but also an entrepreneur as well as a butcher, butchery educator and so on.
Who better to offer tips and tricks to novice producers than someone who’s lived his whole life in the sausage industry?
If you’re in search of an easy-to-follow guide to making sausages, with clear instructions, step-by step guides and tasty sausage recipes This is the book for you.
- Simple to follow instructions
- Beautifully colored images to provide clear examples and instructions
- The book is filled with methods that are effective
- Written by an experienced and highly successful chef and butcher.
- Keys that are easy to follow and measurements
Things We Didn’t Like
- There isn’t much information about tools required
- There are a lot of “extra” recipes aren’t related to sausages.
Date of publication:May 13, 2014 Pages:224 | Number of Recipes:50
2. Great Sausage Recipes and Meat Curing (4th edition) (Best “Oldie but Goodie)
While the book has been available for over 40 years, it’s still the most popular sausage-making cookbook and reference guide for today. With over 190 recipes and tricks that you can discover something you are going to enjoy.
This book’s author, Rytek Kutas has spent the majority of his time learning and perfecting his skills in the making of meat beginning when it was just a child all the way to the day he passed away. He incorporated a large portion of the knowledge he acquired and was able to master into this cookbook with excellent instructions to help cook the perfect sausage dish.
- Nearly 200 delicious recipes included
- Recipes are well-organized and simple to follow
- There are many traditional sausage methods and techniques
- Step-by step instructions that anyone can comprehend.
- The author’s experiences in the business
Things We Didn’t Like
- The recipe was written to make large batches which is not suitable for a single meal recipe.
- There are no weights for other ingredients than meat.
Date published:January 1, 1984 Pages:503 | Number of Recipes:190
3. This is the All-inclusive Guide to Sausage Making (Best for Game Meat)
Monte Burch not only authored “The Complete Guide to Making Sausage” but also took photos and developed the recipes. Monte is an enthusiastic outdoor chef, and wrote more than 75 books and hundreds of outdoor magazines.
These recipes are easy to follow and will help those who are a novice cook, or farmer who wants to master how to cut an entire animal specifically to make sausages. There is a small amount of something for all inside This Complete Guide for Sausage Making.
What We Loved About It
- The detailed instructions for the simple and premium recipes
- Perfect for those who are who are interested in sausages made from game meat.
- Easy to follow
- Recipes for a variety of sausages
- Affordable for everyone’s budget
What We Didn’t Love
- It’s not as full of recipes as the other books of this size
- Not the best choice for simple sausage recipes, but mostly to be used by hunters and game meat
Date published:March 9, 2011 Pages:240 | Number of Recipes:N/A
Check Price on Amazon
4. Simple Sausage Cooking (Best book for beginners)
If you do not have any knowledge of making sausages This is the perfect book for you. This book contains recipes that can be easily recreated with step-by-step directions, as well as crucial details such as techniques for twisting and how to select the correct cut, and much more.
Author, Will Budiaman, is an internationally-acclaimed chef with a variety of best-selling cookbooks , as well as a recipe designer who has spent a significant amount of time at the kitchen table, perfecting the flavor combinations you’ll work on when you create your own meal.
- Great for beginning students
- Simple to follow steps and details
- Written by a professional recipe developer
- Recipes are difficult to make
- It doesn’t need an enormous quantity of ingredients.
What We Didn’t Love
- Some recipes suggest excessive salt.
- The basic information you learn is not useful unless you’re a beginner
Date of publication:December 26, 2017 Pages:208 | Number of Recipes:75
5. Home Sausage Making, 4th Edition (Best Overall)
If you’re seeking fresh cooked sausage or dried, smoked or cured the home Sausage Makingcookbook has 100 recipes that are perfect for every pallet. The recipes contain a wide range of meats, from wild game, seafood, and almost every other ingredient that you can think of.
The simple-to-follow directions that are provided by the author Charles G. Reavis, are suitable for cooks of any level of experience. In addition, you will find recipes for making the best sausages, you will also find also the ideal accompaniment to serve with each of them.
- An excellent cookbook for people of all levels
- Plenty of information that can be helpful apart from recipes
- Very detailed and detailed answers to a variety of frequently asked questions.
- Incredible close-up images
- Lets the chef make small portions
Things We Didn’t Like
- Digital versions are difficult to understand.
- It’s a bit expensive in comparison to other choices
Date published on: August 22, 2017 Recipes 100
6. Homemade Sausage (Best to Experiment with)
Its Homemade Sausage cookbook written by Chris Carter and James Peisker is an easy to guide for cooking sausage in your own kitchen. It doesn’t require a chef with experience or an experienced cook to follow these recipes, and make an amazing masterpiece of your own.
The book also contains a wealth of valuable information about best tools to make use of, the best ways to find the finest meats to use in your recipes as well as their unique techniques to grinding and cooking.
- Many different recipes and ingredients
- Many helpful tips and tricks
- How to find the finest meats for every dinner
- It can help even those who have no knowledge of sausage to create great meals.
- It’s a simple and enjoyable to read
What We Didn’t Like About Us
- It is not the most accurate information about measuring spices
- This is not a great book for anyone looking to treat or quit smoking
Date of publication:December 15, 2015 | P Ages:160 | Number of Recipes:N/A
7. Bruce Aidells’s Complete Sausage Book (Best to Read)
Bruce Aidells is an expert on everything meat-related. The complete sausage guide provide steps-by-step instructions for how to prepare delicious sausage recipes as well as guide users through this process using lots of helpful information.
Bruce talks about each kind of sausage’s source and provides numerous tips for getting the best gourmet sausages from restaurants anytime from your kitchen.
What We Loved About It
- A wealth of useful details
- Tips and tricks employed by professionals
- Simple to follow guides
- Fresh and delicious recipes
- It’s a thrilling novel
What We Didn’t Love
- A poor choice of a book when you are looking to cure your meat
- The print is a bit tiny
Date published:September 1, 2000 | P Ages: 314 | The number of recipes:16+
8. the complete art as well as Science of Sausage Making (Healthiest options)
This book on sausages is a must-read for those looking for different ways to make delicious sausages for any occasion styles, tastes, and lifestyles. If you’re looking for something from the kitchen of your grandmother This is the book for you. If you’re in search of modern take on a traditional meal there is that too.
The variety of recipes available is astounding however the fact that a lot of them are nutritious for all kinds of meals is what makes this book so helpful. This book will unravel the process of making sausages by providing easy-to-follow instructions for anyone with any level of skill.
- Provides healthy sausage options
- It provides a simple description of the making of sausages
- It includes a wealth of recipes.
- Easy to read
- Interesting and fun facts. helpful tips and tips and
Things We Didn’t Like
- A few recipes are re-used, with the addition of a few ingredients
- Information can be a bit wordy
Date of publication 1 May 2016 Pages: 272 Recipes 150
When we compiled the list of top books on making sausages, we searched for certain criteria to ensure they were top-of-the-line and worth the cost. The top things to look out for when shopping for sausage-making books are:
- Author with years of experience
- Organized chapters or subjects
- Guides that provide information on making sausage not only recipes
- Recipes that incorporate ingredients that you are fond of
- Tips and tricks to make the best sausage
- Images and quality photos
- Simple steps to follow and directions
What to be looking for When buying
If you’re looking to buy a cookbook for making sausages it is important to ensure that you’re not wasting time and money on something which is difficult to understand or chock packed with recipes you’ll not ever use. Also, you want a book designed with novices in mind.
There are numerous things to look out for when buying books on sausage making as there are items to be looking for. The most important things to look out for are:
- Bookshops that sell books at a premium
- Books on a sketchy website
- Sausage books that have authors who are not listed or where you are unable to find information about
- Cookbooks that contain recipes that are difficult to follow
- Foods that aren’t appealing
- Pages with more white space in the pages than words or images
Who Should Buy the Sausage Making Books?
The great thing about having so many sausage-making books choices is that anyone can buy the books. Whatever type of sausage you’re looking to create, what restrictions on food you must adhere to or what level of expertise you are at, there’s an option for everyone.
These books aren’t an comprehensive list but they can be a good beginning point in your journey to making sausage. Each book offers their own distinctive spin on recipes, ranging from author to writer. They provide color photographs and easy-to-follow instructions and details, as well with vibrant recipes that will never frustrate, but rather delight and enthral all.
Reading a variety of books will give you the chance to explore the techniques used to make sausages and tricks from various angles. While tasting the unique flavor of the sausage making process around the globe. Whichever book you pick to try out, you’ll not be disappointed by the outcomes.
Frequently Answered Questions
What kinds of meats can Be used to make Sausage?
Sausage is an extremely flexible food that is made from almost anything you want to grind. The most popular meats used in sausages are pork, beef and chicken. You can also add things like lamb, duck alligator, duck, and many other kinds of meats.
How do you cook Sausage?
Like any other meat sausages can be cooked in many ways, including grilling, broiled, pan-fried or baked, for example.
What are Sausage Casings?
Casings for sausage are the substances that keep sausages in position to form an HTML0 link. The casings are made from intestines of animals and can be eaten, and do not require to be removed prior to eating.
What are the different types of Sausages Are There?
Because sausages are so adaptable and are made with many different ingredients, including spices, meats as well as other components, you can find numerous varieties available. The way that these sausages are prepared and the names they’re called can be different according to where you live.
Below is a list of most commonly used varieties of sausage available.
- Longaniza (Argentina)
- Chorizo (Spain)
- Kielbasa (Poland)
- Italian Sausage (Italy)
- Cajun Sausage (American)
- Longganisa (Philippines)
- Sai Ua (Thailand)
- Breakfast Sausage (American)
- Andouille (France)
- Chorizo (Mexico)
- Laulau (Hawaii)
- Bratwurst (Germany)
What foods go well with Sausage?
The type of side dish that is best paired with sausages will vary based on the type of sausage you choose to make. There are however some options that be a good match with almost every flavor of meat.
- Mac and cheese
- Sauteed onions and peppers
- French Fries
- Potato chips
- Potato Salad
- Macaroni salad
- Baked beans
- Grilled vegetables
What Do You Need to make Sausage?
There are several various methods for making sausages, but all of them use the same equipment, which include: