Finding the best router for 80 lower can be a daunting task. With so many different options on the market, it can be hard to know which one is right for you. In this article, we will provide an in-depth look at some of the best routers on the market and help you decide which one is right for you.
We will also provide a buying guide to help you make the best purchase possible and answer some of the most common questions about the best router for 80% lower.
TOP 6 Best Routers for 80 Lower 2022
1. Makita RT0701C 1-1/4 HP Compact Router
Makita RT0701C is a compact router that is perfect for those 80 lower projects. With its electronic speed control, it can maintain a consistent speed even under load. It also has a smooth start feature that makes it easy to get started.
The base design is also great for visibility. The motor is made of heavy-duty aluminum which makes it durable. Overall, the Makita RT0701C is a great choice for anyone looking for a quality router for their 80 lower projects.
- Electronic speed control
- Smooth start feature
- The base design is great for visibility
- The motor is made of heavy-duty aluminum
- Does not come with a vacuum hose connection
Overall, the Makita RT0701C is a great choice for anyone looking for a quality router for their 80 lower projects. It has some great features that make it a stand-out choice.
2. DEWALT Router DWP611 – Yellow
DEWALT Router DWP is one of the most powerful routers on the market, perfect for tougher applications. With a variable speed control feature, it can easily finish the inner cavity of various surfaces.
Additionally, its compact size and low contoured grip make it easy and comfortable to use. Plus, the included collet ensures better bit contact and a stronger grip. Overall, the DEWALT Router DWP is an excellent choice for anyone looking for a top-quality router.
Now that you know a little more about the DEWALT Router DWP, let’s take a more in-depth look at its features.
The DEWALT Router DWP comes with a powerful motor that can reach speeds of up to 27,000 RPM. Additionally, it has a soft starting feature that allows for smoother milling in the beginning.
Plus, the spindle lock button gives you the ability to quickly change bits with a single wrench. And, if you need to transition between the fixed and plunge base, the motor can do so quickly and easily.
In terms of collets, the DEWALT Router DWP comes with an eight-slot, ¼-inch collet that enables a tighter grip. Plus, the dual-LED work lights provide clear visibility while you’re working. And, the over-molded handles give you a firm and comfortable grip.
- Powerful motor that can reach speeds of up to 27,000 RPM
- Soft starting feature for smoother milling in the beginning
- Spindle lock button for quick and easy bit changes
- The quick transition between fixed and plunge bases
- Eight-slot ¼-inch collet for a tighter grip
- Dual LED work lights for clear visibility
- Overmolded handles for a comfortable grip
- Vibration may eventually cause the switch to turn off itself
Overall, the DEWALT Router DWP is an excellent choice for anyone looking for a powerful and feature-rich router. With its variable speed control, soft starting feature, spindle lock button, and quick transition between bases, it can easily handle a variety of tasks.
Plus, the included collet ensures better bit contact and a stronger grip. If you’re looking for a top-quality router, the DEWALT Router DWP is an excellent option.
3. Bosch 1617EVSPK Wood Router
The Bosch 1617EVSPK Wood Router is a versatile and powerful tool that can be used for a variety of woodworking projects. With its 12 Amp motor, it can deliver speeds of up to 25,000 RPM, making it perfect for tasks such as precise bit plunging, edge forming, slot cutting, and dovetail cutting.
The router also features a resettable depth indicator, making it easy to adjust the bit depth for precise results. Additionally, the rounded hardwood handles on the fixed base provide optimum control when using this tool.
Whether you’re looking to add a new tool to your router table or simply want a powerful and versatile router for your woodworking projects, the Bosch 1617EVSPK Wood Router is an excellent choice.
- A powerful 12 Amp motor delivers speeds of up to 25,000 RPM
- Resettable depth indicator for precise results
- Rounded hardwood handles provide optimum control
- Versatile and perfect for a variety of woodworking projects
- Only comes with a ½ inch collet (despite the description stating that both ½ and ¼ inch collets are included)
- Can be pricey for some budgets
Overall, the Bosch 1617EVSPK Wood Router is a powerful and versatile tool that is perfect for a variety of woodworking projects. While it can be pricey for some budgets, its features and performance more than makeup for its cost.
4. Makita XTR01Z 18V LXT Compact Router
If you’re looking for a powerful and compact router that can handle any job, the Makita XTR01Z 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Brushless Cordless Compact Router is a great option.
This router is equipped with a brushless motor that delivers faster and more accurate cuts in a variety of materials. The electronic speed control maintains constant speed under load, so you can be sure that your cuts are always precise.
The on/off button with a separate lock button helps prevent accidental startup of the tool, ensuring user and workpiece protection. With a variable speed control dial that goes from 10000 to 30,000 RPM, this router can handle any job you throw at it.
- Compact and powerful
- Variable speed control
- Electronic speed control
- On/off button with separate lock button
- Some users have reported issues with the micro/fine-tune adjustment system
5. Milwaukee’s Cordless Compact Router
Milwaukee’s Cordless Compact Router is one of the best routers on the market. It is perfect for those who need a powerful and durable router that is also portable. The cordless router has a brushless motor and can reach speeds of up to 31k RPM.
It also has an adjustable speed control so you can tailor the speed to your needs. The comfortable housing and easy-to-control design make it a pleasure to use. With a max power of 900 watts, the Milwaukee Cordless Compact Router can handle even the most challenging tasks.
Whether you are looking for a router to use for woodworking or metalworking, the Milwaukee Cordless Compact Router is a great choice. It is sure to make your 80 lower projects easier and more enjoyable.
- Powerful and durable
- Easy to use
- Adjustable speed control
- Vacuum attachment could be better
6. Bosch Router Colt 1-Horsepower PR20EVS Router
Bosch’s Colt PR20EVS router is a versatile and powerful tool that is perfect for a wide range of applications. The fixed base of the router allows for enhanced bit capacity, and the quick clamp system makes it easy to change bits or move the motor from one base to another.
The precision depth adjustment system allows for both macro and micro-adjustments, making it easy to get the perfect cut every time. The finger support pockets provide additional stability, especially when trimming edges.
The rugged aluminum construction of the router ensures durability and precision. With a maximum speed of 35,000 RPM, the Colt PR20EVS is a powerful and versatile tool that is perfect for any woodworking project.
- Easy to handle
- Versatile bit changing system
- Precise depth adjustment system
- Powerful motor
- Finger support pockets for stability
- The clunky depth adjustment mechanism
- Can be noisy
Buying Guide for Router for 80 Lower
When it comes to finding the best router for 80% lower, there are a few things you need to keep in mind.
- Power: To get the best results when boring or milling through metal, make sure you buy a router with enough power. This includes avoiding those below 1 horsepower because they will be too weak for this task and it’ll take longer than necessary to finish your project!
- Router Type: The 80% lower router that you buy should be based on what type of base it will have. There are three types: plunge, fixed and combo – so make sure to consider this when deciding which one is right for your needs!
- Plunge Base Router: The plunge base routers are best for miscellaneous tasks, and they’re ideal if you have experience. While using these tools it’s easy to adjust the depth settings so that will work on any type of surface from wood or metal with ease!
- Fixed Base Router: The fixed-based router is ideal for those who want to cut straight lines with accuracy. These routers are also perfect if you have no previous experience using them because they come equipped with an extra secure mechanism that cannot be easily adjusted by pushing or pulling on them, thus maintaining your desired depth once set in place.
However, this particular type of tool isn’t appropriate when working at greater depths than what’s provided by its base; rather I would recommend seeking out another kind altogether!
- Combo Router: If you need to change bases regularly, the combo router is your best bet. This type of device has both plunge and fixed base options so it can be used in almost any situation!
- Motor speed: When buying a router for cutting 80 lower, speed is key. Make sure the motor has variable speeds so you can adjust it depending on what project you’re working on and how fast or slow your cuts need to go! A good RPM range would be 10-30 thousand rpm.
Frequently Asked Questions – FAQs
Q: What exactly is an 80% lower jig?
A: Lower jigs are a must for finishing your 80 lower. The tool has precise measurements and guides through which you can drill or mill the cavity of a finished product to make it into a firearm if desired!
Some come with their own bits attached, but most only require pilot templates so that may depend on what type is needed specifically- there are also side panels typically included holding things securely while working.
Q: What is the best router for 80 lower?
A: The best router for 80% lower is the Makita RT0701C 1-1/4 HP Compact Router.
Q: What are the benefits of using a router for 80 lower?
A: There are many benefits to using a router for 80 lower. Some of these benefits include:
1. Increased accuracy
2. Increased speed
3. Easier to use than a drill press
4. More versatile than a drill press
5. Can be used for a variety of tasks beyond just boring holes
Q: What are some things to keep in mind when buying a router for 80 lower?
A: When buying a router for 80 lower, there are a few things you need to keep in mind. These include:
1. The power of the router
2. The type of router
3. The speed of the motor
4. The size of the router
5. The price of the router
Q: How do I use a router for 80 lower?
A: Using a router for 80 lower is fairly simple. First, you will need to determine the depth of your cut. Next, you will need to set the router to the appropriate speed. Finally, you will need to guide the router along the surface that you are cutting. Make sure to use a stable surface and take your time!
Q: What are some safety tips to keep in mind when using a router for 80 lower?
A: When using a router for 80 lower, there are a few safety tips to keep in mind. These include:
1. Always wear eye protection when using the router
2. Be aware of the router’s location at all times
3. Do not use the router near flammable materials
4. Use a dust mask to avoid inhaling any dust particles
5. Use gloves to protect your hands from the router bit.