Are you introducing thicker formulas to your baby? Your baby may be having trouble getting thicker formula through a normal-sized nipple. You might notice your baby’s finicky if you still use regular bottles. There are solutions.
Dr. Brown’s Options Baby bottle for thickened formula. The superior anti-colic venting system has made this bottle a personal favorite. The Y-cut design makes it easy to use thicker formulas without much hassle.
The Best Bottles for Thickened Formula
- Dr. Brown Options for Thickened Formula
- Tommee Tippee Nearer to Nature Added Cereal Baby Container
- MAM Easy Start Anti-Colic Bottle 11 oz (3-Count)
- Playtex Baby VentAire bottle
- Baby Food Feeder Squeeze Cereal Feeding Container
Our Top 3 Choices
|Product||Dr. Brown Options for Thickened Formula||Tommee Tippee Nearer to Nature||Baby Food Feeder Squeeze Cereal Feeding Container|
|Materials||Materials that are non-toxic and free of BPA||Phthalates-free, BPA-free||Food-grade silicone, BPA-free, and high-quality materials|
|Anti-colic System||Use with or without an internal vent system||No||A regular feeding bottle is not recommended|
|Suitable For All Ages||3 Months +||3 months+||3 months+|
|Dishwasher-safe||Yes, the top rack.||Both bottles and nipples can be washed in the dishwasher||It is easy to clean|
|Types of nipples||Soft silicone, medium-fast flow||For optimal flow, use a Y-cut nipple||Silicone spoon for thicker recipes, rice, and puree|
- Anti-colic system to reduce colic and spit-up
- Increases the nutrition in milk
- Consistent feeding pace aids digestion
- Use with or without a ventilation system
- Wide neck bottles and Y-cut Naples
If you are already using Dr. Brown’s Options + Anticolic bottles, blue and green bottles are all you need. You can buy napkins that aid thicker formulas. Your baby will continue to enjoy Dr. Brown’s anti-colic venting system. This bottle is great for colic, spit-up, and gas, which may increase as the baby adjusts to the new formula.
- Anti-colic Vent System
- Preserves nutrients
- Available in different flow rates for soft silicone nipples
- If the vent system is not correctly assembled, it can leak.
- It can be tedious to clean up and take apart.
2. Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Added Cereal Baby Bottle
- The bottle is available in an 11-ounce package
- For the optimal flow of thicker liquids, use a Y-cut nipple
- Natural feel with smooth silicone nipple
- Easy-latch nipple
Tommee Tickee Closer To Nature Added Cereal Bottle is another baby bottle with a Y-cut nipple. This makes it easier to clean and take apart. It’s a great replacement for a Dr. Brown bottle.
- It is easy to clean
- Natural feel to Nipples
- It is easier to use thicker formulas with the Y-cut Nipple
- Nipple is flexible
- For smaller babies, a Y-cut may be too large
- Although babies might have difficulty adapting, flow can be quick.
3. MAM Easy Start Anti Colic Bottle 11 Oz (3-Count), Baby essentials, Fast Flow Bottles with Silicone Nipples
- The liquid is released at the right rate to prevent gasping and burping.
- Adjustment and latching are made easier by the longer nipple.
- It is easy to clean and assemble.
The extended nipple shape makes it easy for babies to adopt. It reduces colic symptoms by 80% in babies. This is worth considering if you want to transition your baby from breast milk to thicker formula.
- Microwave sterilizes
- Reduce colic symptoms
- Silicone nipples for fast flow
4. Playtex Baby VentAire Container
- Semi-upright feeding is possible with the ergonomic, angled design
- It is easy to clean and reassemble
- Anti-colic design decreases air ingestion
- Naturalatch silicone nipple is wide-shaped to promote proper latching
- For thicker formulas, Nipple flow is the best option
The Playtex Baby VentAire Bottle’s angle design makes it easier for you to feed your child and helps prevent ear infections. It reduces colic symptoms and reflux. It is ideal for introducing your baby to thicker formulas using the nipple flow.
- It is easy to clean
- Assembly is quicker when there are fewer parts
- For easier latching, use a silicone nipple
- Useful for thicker formulas
- Bottles that leak easily
5. Gaodear Baby Food Feeder Squeeze Cereal Feeding Container
- High-quality, food-grade materials used in the design
- BPA-free & non-toxic
- Spoon feeder massages for baby’s gum
- For thick formulas, rice, cereal, as well as fruits puree.
- Protects against leakage by a sealing cover
- Dishwasher and sterilizer safe
It would help if you considered it
The Gaodear baby food feeder squeeze cereal feeding bottle allows you to feed your baby thicker formulas, rice, puree, or cereal. It is ideal for travel! It is made from silicone which massages your baby’s gums, and there is no chance of them getting hurt with a regular spoon.
- It is easy to clean
- A silicone spoon is ideal for thick formulas
- It’s great for traveling
- The spoon can be too soft
- The feeder can leak if the top isn’t secured correctly
What to do if the formula is too thick for your taste?
If the formula fails to pass through the nipple, the best thing to do is to get a new set. It might be to buy a new set of nipples if you have a bottle that can hold different sizes of nipples.
The Ideal Size for Thickened Formulas
At 3 months, most babies begin to eat thicker formula. A level 2 nipple is the best size for use. The next step is to move on to fast-flow nipples. This nipple also called a medium flow, is suitable for children ages 3-6 months.
The Best Nipples for Thickened Formula
The two best-thickened formula nipples are Dr. Brown’s and Philips Avent’s. These bottles can be used to refill an existing bottle. Stock up on new nipples.
1. Dr. Brown’s Options Baby Bottle for Thickened Formula
These nipples are designed to thicken milk, formula, or cereal. You will get consistent flow with the Y-cut nipple. These nipples are compatible with Dr. Brown’s Options Bottles and Dr. Brown’s Natural Flow Bottles.
This Avent nipple, suitable for thicker formulas, is made from breast-shaped silicone. Unique airflex technology reduces feeding issues such as colic, Burping, or gas when the baby exhales air from its stomach during fast feeding.
There are several factors to consider when looking for bottles with thickened formulas.
Keeping the same criteria used in the initial stages is important to find the perfect bottles. Here are some key factors to consider when selecting the best bottle.
Always choose BPA-Free
It’s easy to clean
You’ll need bottles and nipples that are easy to clean, just like your first set of bottles. Bottles with multiple components can be difficult to clean and take a lot of time. Choose bottles that are easy to clean, particularly dishwasher-safe options.
You don’t need to buy nipples every single week. Always choose a brand/type that is durable. It’s worth spending a bit more for some nipples that are non-leaking and durable.
The most vital part of a bottle is the nipples. This is because it goes into the baby’s mouth. The nipples that you choose should be the right size and shape. They must also be strong enough to allow for thicker formula or milk flow. It’s always wise to use a nipple made of food-grade silicone.
You might also like to watch a short video about thickening baby formula.
Finding the next set of bottles is made easier by these top choices. Dr. Brown’s Options Baby bottle for Thickened Formula
Any of these bottles can be used to feed thicker formulas or milk, so you don’t have to worry. When choosing the right one for you, the most important thing to remember is the size of your nipple. Make sure the formula flows smoothly so your child can get the right amount of food.